For more detailed information, please change to the German version of this website.



What is uni-assist?
Uni-assist is the "University Application Service for International Students" that evaluates international school and university certificates

NOTE:On behalf of the UdK Berlin uni-assist only does thepreliminary review documentation of foreign certificates and issues a document called "Vorprüfungsdokumentation" (VPD).

The application has to be submitted together with the UdK application form, the VPD, the school or Bachelor degree and all other required documents to UdK Berlin within the application period, not to uni-assist!
If you do not receive the VPD in time, it can be submitted as the only application document in exceptional cases. Please note, however, that enrolment cannot take place without a VPD!

A recognition by uni-assist is possible all year round irrespective of any application period at UdK Berlin. Please consider that the recognition process at uni-assist can take up to 6 weeks (starting with the receipt of your documents and payment). Please contact uni-assist early enough so that you can apply within the application period at UdK Berlin.

Who has to turn to uni-assist before applying to UdK?

Who has to turn to uni-assist before applying to UdK?

Applicants who acquired their University Entrance Qualification abroad and apply for the following study courses:
• Architecture
• Design
• Communication in Social und Economic Contexts
• Visual Communication
• Music Education
• Church Music
• Sound Engineering
• All Teaching Degree Programs
• Art and Media (degree: Absolvent/-in)

Applicants for all Master programs at UdK Berlin who obtained their first university degree abroad

Who doesn't have to turn to uni-assist before applying to UdK?

  • Applicants with a German University Entrance Qualification or a German university degree
  • Applicants with an APS Certificate (China, Mongolia, Vietnam)
  • Applicants who completed a Studienkolleg suitable for the program they're applying for at UdK Berlin

Which documents have to be submitted to uni-assist?

• filled in application form (available on the uni-assist website)
• simple copy of the University Entrance Qualifiation / school graduation certificate with transcript of results
• Copy of previous study credits (if available)

• filled in application form (available on the uni-assist website)
• simple copy of your first University degree with transcript of results

If the obtained certificates are neither issued in German nor in English a certified translation has to be submitted additionally.

How to get your recognition from uni-assist

• Registration in the uni-assist online portal (  )
• Selection of UdK Berlin, semester and the required degree (Bachelor, Master, Absolvent)
• Fill in all the neccessary forms and send them with all required documents to uni-assist
• transfer the required fee directly via online portal
• after the submission of the documents and payment of the fee you will receive a confirmation mail from uni-assist

Where to submit the documents

You can either submit the documents digitally, in person or by regular mail. Contrary to information provided on the websites of uni-assist, applicants for UdK Berlin who submitted their documents digitally do not additionally have to send them in signed paper form.
Uploading the complete documents to the uni-assist portal is sufficient.

Uni-assist for refugees

For further information please contact Barbara Garnier from the International Student Services: aaa_

Applications from the People's Republic of China, Vietnam and Mongolia

Applicants from the People’s Republic of China, Vietnam and Mongolia have to pass a special visa procedure. Please get in contact with the Academic Evaluation Centre (APS), which is attached to the German Embassy, in good time before the application. Detailed information and the forms can be found on the respective homepage.