Art in Context Master
15.02 - 15.03. for the winter semester
• Graduation certificate from an artistic-creative course of study at a state higher education institution
• Artistic talent
• At least one year working experience in a relevant professional field
• Sufficient knowledge of German (language certificate German B1 for application and language certificate German C1 for enrolment)
In justified exceptional cases, admission can also be granted if the aptitude required for the course of study has been acquired in the profession instead of a university degree (min. three years of intensive occupation with artistic content - artistic, creative or conceptual)
All of the following steps must be taken within the application deadline of the respective degree programme. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that arise with our StudyGuide in good time:
- Register and verify yourself (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campus Management Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de
- Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree programme there by the application deadline and upload the following formal documents in a PDF file (max. 20 MB) to the application portal during the application process:
● Detailed CV in tabular form
● Certificate of university graduation or proof of the aptitude required for the course of study, if this has been acquired in the profession; foreign certificates have to be handed in as certified translation (German or English)
(Information for an application with a foreign university degree can be found below)
● Bank statement (see unter 3.) as proof of payment of the fee of € 30 for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking).
Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted.
● Where applicable: documentation of courses completed and examinations taken
● A letter of motivation with a specific reference to the Master's course, a brief description of your own objectives within the framework of the course
● International applicants must also provide proof of their German language skills: language certificate German B1 for application and language certificate German C1 for enrolment. You can find more information here.
● Transfer students from other univercities must enclose proof of previous study and examination achievements. You can find more information here.
- Information on transferring the 30 €: please transfer the fee for participation in the admission procedure to the following account:
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, degree programme, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Straße 35
For foreign bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer
Also upload a portfolio of artistic work to the bemus upload portal within the application deadline. A total of max. 5 files with a file size of max. 2 GB per file, but max. 3 GB in total, may be created and uploaded to bemus.
Scope of the portfolio: approx. 5-10 pages of artistic project documentation or own artistic works.
The portfolio is to be compiled as a PDF file and contains the entirety of the artistic project documentation or work samples (except audio and video works).
Please also upload the formal documents mentioned under 2. as a PDF file. The portfolio and the formal documents can be compiled as one PDF file.
Audio and video works should be submitted in mp4 or mov format, stating name, title, content (short), length and year. In the case of several authors, the applicants' share in the work must be described and clearly recognisable. The digital portfolio or the audio and video files must be uploaded within the application deadline via the following link: https://bemus.udk-berlin.de/.
The PDF file and the audio and video files must be named according to the following pattern: Last_First_Name_Applicant_Number_Folder_Course_Content
The admission procedure consists of the pre-selection based on the uploaded portfolio and the entrance examination.
The entrance examination (2nd round of the procedure) will probably take place hybrid, i.e. applicants who would like to present themselves in person can take the examination on site.
Those who cannot appear in person - e.g. due to a pandemic - will be able to take the exam digitally.
The face-to-face examination will take place with the required hygiene concept (sufficiently large room, masks, 2G status, etc.).
Date: end of May- beginning of June
The pre-selected applicants will receive all further information on the procedure with the invitation by e-mail.