Harpsichord / Fortepiano Bachelor
15 Oktober – 15 November for the summer semester
15 March – 15 April for the winter semester
• special musical talent
• for international applicants: sufficient knowledge of German (language certificate German A2 for application and language certificate German B2 for enrolment)
All of the following steps must be taken within the application deadline of the respective degree programme. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that arise with our StudyGuide in good time.
- Register and verify yourself (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campus Management Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de
- Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree programme there by the application deadline and upload the following formal documents in a PDF file (max. 20 MB) to the application portal during the application process:
● Detailed CV in tabular form
● Bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of € 30 for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted.
● International applicants must also provide proof of their German language skills: language certificate German A2 for application and language certificate German B2 for enrolment. You can find more information here.
● Transfer students from other univercities must enclose proof of previous study and examination achievements. You can find more information here
- Information on transferring 30 € for participation in the admission procedure to the following account:
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, degree programme, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Straße 35
For foreign bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
All applicants will receive information on the procedure and dates for the entrance examination by e-mail in good time.
The entrance exam consists of the following parts:
1. performance of three self-selected larger works of different stylistic provenance, one of which - in the case of the main subject harpsichord - must be by J. S. Bach.
3. Music theory (composition and ear training); duration: about one hour;
written: recognition and determination of intervals, triads, seventh chords and their inversions, cadences as well as melodies and free tone sequences; knowledge of general music theory is assumed.
Theory sample tests can be found here (see "Studiengang KA").
Orientation and recommendations for the level of difficulty
You should choose from the following works: pavane, fantasia, Lied variations, prelude by Bull, Byrd, Phillips, Farnaby, toccata, canzone or capriccio by Frescobaldi, sonata by D. Scarlatti, ordre by Couperin (partially), french suite, toccata, prelude and fugue, sinfonia by J. S. Bach, suite by G. F. Händel, prussian sonata by C. Ph. E. Bach.