Lied / Oratorio / Concert (LOK) Master
15 October – 15 November for the summer semester
• Bachelor degree or equivalent degree in solo voice
• Applicants who only have a three-year Bachelor's degree (180 LP) must complete one or two semesters of adaptation studies after passing the admission examination for the Master's degree programme. The decision on the duration is made by the admission committee at the end of the admission examination, taking into account the individual performance level.
• Outstanding artistic and musical talent
• For internationsal applicants: sufficient knowledge of German (language certificate German A2 for application and language certificate German B2 for enrolment)
All of the following steps must be taken within the application deadline of the respective degree programme. The documents to be submitted must be received by the UdK Berlin by the last day of the application deadline at the latest.
- Register and verify yourself (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campus Management Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de
- Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree programme there by the application deadline.
Attach the following (formal) documents to the application for admission:
● CV giving precise information about previous training up to date
● a written statement of motivation for choosing this course of study and profession
● Certificate of university graduation, foreign certificates have to be handed in as certified translation (German or English) (Information for an application with a foreign university degree can be found below)
● Bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of € 30 for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted.
● International applicants must also provide proof of their German language skills: language certificate German A2 for application and language certificate German B2 for enrolment. You can find more information here.
● Transfer students from other univercities must enclose proof of previous study and examination achievements. You can find more information here.
- Information on transferring the amount of 30 € to the following account:
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, degree programme, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Straße 35
For foreign bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
- Upload the work samples within the application period on the upload-platform bemus. The exact contents can be found in the implementation regulations ("Ausführungsbestimmungen") .
The work samples are to be recorded as MP4 or mov files and may not exceed 2 GB per file! All uploaded files may not exceed a maximum data volume of 5 GB.
Mandatory labelling of the files (individual files)
01_Oratorio aria with recitative_ surname_Applicant number
03_poem in German (at least 12 lines)__surname_applicant*number
It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that arise with our StudyGuide in good time: https://www.udk-berlin.de/service/studyguide/
The admission procedure consists of the preselection and the entrance examination. More detailed information on the contents of the entrance examination can be found in the implementation regulations ("Ausführungsbestimmungen") for the Master programme Lied/Oratorio/Concert.
The pre-selection will be made on the basis of submitted video recordings. The selected applicants will receive an invitation with further information on the entrance examination by e-mail. If possible,