15 October – 15 November for the summer semester
01 March – 01 April for the winter semester
• Bachelor degree or equivalent degree in solo voice
• Applicants who only have a three-year Bachelor's degree (180 LP) must complete one or two semesters of adaptation studies after passing the admission examination for the Master's degree programme. The decision on the duration is made by the admission committee at the end of the admission examination, taking into account the individual performance level.
• Outstanding artistic and musical talent
• For internationsal applicants: sufficient knowledge of German (language certificate German A2 for application and language certificate German B2 for enrolment)
All of the following steps must be taken within the application deadline of the respective degree programme. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that arise with our StudyGuide in good time.
- Register and verify yourself (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campus Management Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de
- Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree programme there by the application deadline and upload the following formal documents in a PDF file (max. 20 MB) to the application portal during the application process:
● CV giving precise information about previous training up to date
● a written statement of motivation for choosing this course of study and profession
● Certificate of university graduation, foreign certificates have to be handed in as certified translation (German or English) (Information for an application with a foreign university degree can be found below)
● Bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of € 30 for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted.
● International applicants must also provide proof of their German language skills: language certificate German A2 for application and language certificate German B2 for enrolment. You can find more information here.
● Transfer students from other univercities must enclose proof of previous study and examination achievements. You can find more information here.
- Information on transferring the 30 € to the following account:
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, degree programme, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Straße 35
For foreign bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
- Upload video recordings on the upload platform bemus
https://bemus.udk-berlin.de/ parallel to the application deadline.
The exact contents can be found in the "Ausführungsbestimmungen".
The work samples must be recorded as MP4 or mov files and must not exceed 2 GB per file!
All uploaded files may not exceed a maximum data volume of 5 GB.
The upload period for digital recordings for the summer semester 2022 is 01 March - 01 April.
Mandatory labelling of the files (individual files)
01_Arie1_ surname_Applicant number
04_ German acting text, 2 minutes_surname_applicant_number
The admission procedure consists of the preselection and the entrance examination. You can find more information on the contents of the entrance examination in the Implementation Regulations ("Ausführungsbestimmungen") for the Master programme Opera.
The pre-selection is made on the basis of the uploaded video recordings.
The selected applicants will receive an invitation with further information on the entrance examination by e-mail.
The exams are scheduled for the beginning of June.