Organ/ Organimprovisation Concert Exam
15 October – 15 November for the summer semester
15 March – 15 April for the winter semester
• Graduation in the M.A. program Organ/Organ Improvisation from UdK Berlin or an equivalent degree from another university.
The instrumental major Organ/Organ Improvisation has to be graded “very good”.
• outstanding artistic talent
All steps mentioned in the following must be taken within the application deadline of the respective study program. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that may arise with our StudyGuide in good time.
- Register and verify your identity (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campusmanagement-Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de.
Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree program there within the application deadline and upload the following formal documents in a PDF file (max. 20 MB) to the application portal during the application process:
● Detailed CV in tabular form incl. information about previous studies
● Certificate of university graduation
● if available: evidence of previous study periods and study and exam achievements
● Bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of € 30 for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted.
- Information on transferring 30 € for participation in the admission procedure to the following account:
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, degree programme, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Straße 35
For foreign bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
All applicants who have applied on time with the complete application documents will receive an e-mail with an invitation to the entrance examination and further information on the procedure.
The following must be prepared for this examination
Four representative works of different historical provenance, if possible pieces from the following eras should be taken
• Early Music before J. S. Bach
• one greater work by J.S. Bach
• Post-romantic / Classical modern period
• Contemporary Music
The selection taking account of the stylistic diversity, representation und difficulty is incumbent upon the
applicant and will be regarded by the commission as part of the artistic overall performance that has to be evaluated.
Three improvisations of different stylistics, one of these has to be performed as a fugue in baroque or romantic style
The themes are handed out 30 minutes before the exam. Applicants for both programs have to show the potential for the development of an outstanding musical personality. The commission reserves the right to listen only to parts of the prepared programs.