Theatre Education Master
01 October – 01 November for the summer semester
• a completed university degree (first professional qualification) and substantial experience in the field of play and theatre
• artistic talent
• for international applicants: sufficient knowledge of German (language certificate German B1 for application and language certificate German C1 for enrolment)
All of the following steps must be taken within the application deadline of the respective degree programme. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that may arise with our StudyGuide in good time.
- Register and verify yourself (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campus Management Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de
- Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree program there within the application deadline and upload the following formal documents in a PDF file (max. 20 MB) to the application portal during the application process:
● Detailed CV in tabular form
● Presentation of the artistic career, showing whether and to what extent there is relevant experience for the Master's programme (including documented acting and theatre practice)
● Certificate of university graduation, foreign certificates have to be handed in as certified translation (Information for an application with a foreign university degree can be found below)
● Bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of € 30 for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted.
● International applicants must also provide proof of their German language skills: language certificate German B1 for application and language certificate German C1 for enrolment. You can find more information here.
● Transfer students from other univercities must enclose proof of previous study and examination achievements. You can find more information here.
- Information on transferring the amount of 30 € to the following account:
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, degree programme, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Straße 35
For foreign bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
- Also within the application period, a work sample in the form of a video recording of a maximum of five minutes of an artistic production created specifically for the entrance examination, for example the audition of a scene, a performance or an action, must be uploaded to the Bemus portal:
File formats: PDF (500 MB), MP4, M4V, MOV (2GB each), JPG
File size: 10
Max. total volume: 8 GB
The admission procedure is divided into the preselection and the entrance examination. It is carried out at the end of the lecture period of the winter semester for the following summer semester.
The admissions committee decides on the basis of the submitted documents, work samples, documents or similar on the invitation to the entrance examination.
The selected applicants will receive the invitation to the entrance examination and further information by e-mail.
The entrance examination is usually conducted in the form of a workshop lasting approximately four to six hours, in which the procedures within the degree programme and its main areas of study are presented and tested in practical work and in which the applicants have to prove their artistic talent for the Master's degree programme.
The next admission workshop for the master's program in theater education will most likely take place between
January 17 and January 20, 2024. The applicants who have passed the video pre-selection will be invited for half a day in this time slot.