01 April - 01 May for the following winter semester
• a Master degree in composition from UdK Berlin or a comparable degree from another university
• an outstanding artistic talent
All of the following steps must be taken within the application deadline of the respective degree programme. If documents need to be sent in, they must be received by the UdK Berlin by the last day of the application deadline at the latest. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that may arise with our StudyGuide in good time.
- Register and verify yourself (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campus Management Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de
- Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree programme there by the application deadline. During the application process, upload the following formal documents in a PDF file (max. 20 MB) to the application portal:
● Detailed CV in tabular form
● Certificate of university graduation, foreign certificates have to be handed in as certified translation (German or English)
● Bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of € 30 for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted.
● Transfer students from other univercities must enclose proof of previous study and examination achievements. You can find more information here
● a score of an own composition, instrumentation of own choice (format max. DIN A3)
- Information on transferring 30 € for participation in the admission procedure to the following account:
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, degree programme, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Straße 35
For foreign bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
The admission procedure consists of the preselection and the entrance examination.
The preselection is carried out on the basis of the composition submitted by the applicants.
The preselection is passed by those whose work sample does not already show a lack of the outstanding artistic talent required for this programme at the first assessment.
Those who have passed the pre-selection will receive an invitation to the entrance examination.
This examination usually takes place at the end of the lecture period of the summer semester for the following winter semester (approx. end of June - middle of July).
The selected applicants receive further information on the procedure of the entrance examination with the invitation by e-mail.
The examination consists of the following parts:
a) Submission of the work sample
b) Submission of a portfolio with four to six compositions (scores and audio or video recordings)
c) a colloquium on a and b.
Applicants must show an artistic development potential that clearly exceeds the level of the Master's degree and that leads to the expectation of successful completion of the "Meisterschüler*innen" programme.
The admission committee decides on the exact duration of the entrance examination. The admissions committee may also only partially listen to submitted compositions.