Voice and Opera Bachelor
01 March – 01 April for the winter semester
• special musical talent
• for international applicants: sufficient knowledge of German (language certificate German A2 for application and language certificate German B2 for enrolment)
All of the following steps must be taken within the application deadline of the respective degree programme. If documents need to be sent in, they must be received by the UdK Berlin by the last day of the application deadline at the latest. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that may arise with our StudyGuide in good time.
- Register and verify yourself (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campus Management Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de
- Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree programme there by the application deadline. During the application process, upload the following formal documents in a PDF file (max. 20 MB) to the application portal:
● CV giving precise information about previous training up to date
● a written statement of motivation for choosing this course of study and profession
● Certificate of ENT or phoniatrist attesting suitability for the singing profession (not older than one year)
● Bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of € 30 for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted.
● International applicants must also provide proof of their German language skills: language certificate German A2 for application and language certificate German B2 for enrolment. You can find more information here.
● Transfer students from other univercities must enclose proof of previous study and examination achievements. You can find more information here.
- Information on the transfer of 30 € for participation in the admission procedure to the following account:
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, degree programme, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Straße 35
For foreign bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
- Upload the digital recordings parallel to the application deadline on the platform bemusThe exact contents can be found in the implementation regulations ("Ausführungsbestimmungen").
The work samples must be recorded as MP4 or mov files and may not exceed 2 GB per file!
All uploaded files must not exceed a maximum data volume of 5 GB.
The following labelling of the files (individual files) is mandatory:
03_ short text German, 2 minutes
The admission procedure consists of the preselection and the entrance examination. You will find information on the details of the admission procedure in the implementation regulations ("Ausführungsbestimmungen") for the Bachelor's degree programme Voice and Opera.
The preselection takes place on the basis of submitted video recordings. The selected applicants will receive an invitation with further information on the entrance examination by e-mail. If possible, the examination for the winter semester 2022/23 should take place in presence at the UdK Berlin.
The exam is planned in presence at UdK Berlin.