INFORMATION ABOUT CURRENT MEASURES
Regulations for the winter semester 2022/2023 at the UdK Berlin
Effective 1 October 2022
These regulations aim to enable study, research and administration at the Berlin University of the Arts in presence.
Pandemic regulations based on the legal requirements of the Berlin Senate
The pandemic regulations of the summer semester continue to apply for the winter semester, i.e. recommendation to wear a mask, no compulsory testing and no prescribed distance restriction.
In the event of a change in the pandemic situation and new regulations from the federal and state governments, adjustments to the university regulations may also be made in the current winter semester.
The "UdK regulations in the event of infections" of 30 March 2022 continue to apply.
1. Masks and spacing
a. It is strongly recommended that FFP2 masks be worn on all university traffic areas, as well as in class and when working and meeting in groups.
b. Where masks cannot be worn due to the specifics of artistic work, it is strongly recommended that spacing continue to be observed.
2. External audience
a. Events with an audience must still be planned with 50% of the regular occupancy of the halls. Exceptions must be approved individually by the university management.
b. Staffing ceilings may be set for larger events with an audience in the locations.
c. FFP2 masks are strongly recommended for attendance at public events.
3. Office use / work meetings (including interviews, team meetings, advisory meetings...) / committee meetings, commission meetings
a. It is strongly recommended to wear FFP2 masks for working meetings in presence.
b. Where digital formats are possible, they are preferable.
c. Ensure regular ventilation in face-to-face formats and avoid continuous ventilation for energy saving reasons.
d. For administrative and service activities: they take place in presence where necessary for official business.
4. Opening hours of the buildings
a. For the winter semester, the current opening hours apply (regulations for opening hours during lecture / lecture-free periods).
b. On all holidays (German Unity Day, Christmas holidays, New Year's Day, International Women's Day) the buildings are closed. In the period from 19 December 2022 to 1 January 2023, special regulations apply and the possibilities for presence are severely restricted. Separate regulations will be sent to the university members.
5. University Library
The University Library has its own regulations for access, which will be published by the University Library.
Energy-saving measures in accordance with the legal requirements of the Berlin Senate
All university members are requested to use heating energy and electricity sparingly.
- The maximum room temperature must not exceed 19°C. In the period between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m., the temperature in the buildings is lowered.
- When leaving the rooms, please turn down the thermostats (if present). Hallways and foyers are not heated or are heated at a reduced rate.
- Ventilate intensively for a short time (no continuous ventilation with tilted windows). When leaving the room, close the windows and switch off the light.
- Hot water production is limited to a few areas necessary for study or work (e.g. showers, cafeterias). In all other areas, the water heaters have to be turned off.
- Electrical equipment that is not necessary for teaching or official matters may not be used in the university buildings. This applies in particular to decentralised heating devices. Justified exceptions (e.g. in case of a medical certificate) will be checked by the Head of the Department for Facility Management and Work Safety.
Status: 27 September 2022