For more detailed information, please change to the German version of this website.

Training Mobility for Administrative Staff

New Application Deadline

January 15, 2024 for mobility in the summer term 2024

How does ERASMUS+ work for University Staff?

Erasmus+ facilitates continuing and further education measures for university staff in programme countries with the aim to increase internationalization. University staff of a German university with an ECHE can be sponsored for continuing and further education at a receiving university with an ECHE or another institution located in a different programme country, which operates on the labour market or in the fields of general and professional training or youth work.

The stays abroad last a minimum of two and a maximum of 5 working days. Due to limited EU funds, in 2019/20 we were only able to provide financial support for mobilities for an average of 2 days plus a travel allowance. Nevertheless, with the approval of your supervisor and the host institution, you can work for up to 5 days at the host institution. You can find an overview of the rates for 2020/21 in our download center

Applicants make contact to the host institution on their own. You can find an overview of our European partner universities here.

General information about the ERASMUS+ program line STT can be found on the DAAD website.

Advantages of an Erasmus+ Stay

- Stay on the basis of an agreed programme (Mobility Agreement)
- Expert exchange and new perspectives
- Consolidation of your own competencies
- Development and consolidation of international networks 

Eligible Areas of the UdK Berlin

- General & Technical Administration  
- Libraries 
- Departments 
- Faculties 
- Finance
- International Office  
- Public Relations 
- Student and Course Advice Services  
- Technology & Transfer  
- Continuing Education


Further Training Formats

The following formats are eligible (examples): 
- Observation  
- Job shadowing  
- Study visits  
- Participation in workshops and seminars 
- Participation in language courses

Application Information

If you would like to apply for an ERASMUS+ scholarship or if you have already received an invitation, you can find more information here (in German). 

Please submit the application form and a short letter of motivation to the International Office to Livia Romero.

Due to the current situation, we cannot predict when mobilities are possible again. We hope for the second half of 2021.

A1 Certificate for Business Trips Abroad

For business trips to an EU country or to Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland, the so-called A1 certificate is required. It serves as proof abroad that there is insurance coverage in Germany due to the employment. The A1 certificate is applied for by the personnel office after receipt of your application for a business trip from the health insurance company in the case of persons with statutory insurance, and from the German Federal Pension Fund (Deutsche Rentenversicherung Bund) in the case of persons with private insurance. The business trip may only be approved and started after the certificate has been issued. If the certificate is not issued, the trip cannot be approved. You will receive a printout of the certificate, which you must carry with you during the trip and present during inspections. In the event of a breach of the notification requirements, considerable fines are to be expected, which would have to be borne by the business traveler if the A1 certificate had not been applied for. 

Due to the required A1 certificate, business trips to an EU country or to Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland must be applied for at the personnel office four weeks before the start of the trip.