Events for new Master's students and their MATEs
MyMATE for UdK students in higher semesters
Hi MATE - someone needs you!
Share your knowledge with new international Master's students at UdK Berlin. Become part of the MyMATE programme and support an MA student from your study programme during their first months at the university.
- studying for a Master's degree or a Bachelor's degree (at least in your 5th semester)
- interested in international and intercultural exchange
- motivated to participate in accompanying workshops (e.g. intercultural diversity trainings, anti-bias and anti-racism workshops) and in joint events
- support 1-2 new students from your study programme
- assist them with their arrival and orientation in Berlin
- help them ease into life and study at UdK Berlin, i.e.
- answer their questions about their studies
- explain subject-specific questions
- help resolve problems with lecturers (or refer them to the MyMATE team)
Your support will be essential in the first weeks of the semester. You should be available for at least 3 hours per week during this time.
We collected detailed information about your tasks in the guide for MATEs.
- certificate of participation for your voluntary work at UdK Berlin (prerequisite: short report on your experience)
- free workshops on intercultural diversity competencies, anti-racism and unconscious bias with other UdK students (during the winter semester)
- international contacts for joint artistic projects, ensembles/chamber music, correpetition etc.
- participation in joint networking events for all MATEs (e.g. check-in event to get to know each other, guided walks through different Berlin districts).
- a kick-off event before the semester starts with other MATEs and the new MA students
- a detailed introduction to your tasks (PDF guide for MATEs)
- a free workshop programme to enhance your intercultural and diversity skills (during the winter semester)
- intercultural counselling and support in case of questions, problems or conflicts. The MyMATE team is made up of trained intercultural and diversity trainers. (Contact the MyMATE team)
In this PDF guide you will find out what is expected of you as a MATE, what your potential tasks are as well as useful links.
MyMATE - Sign me up!
You would like to support a new international Master's student starting at UdK Berlin? Wonderful! We just need some information about you, which will hopefully allow us to match you with a new student from your degree programme.
Your personal data will only be stored for the purposes of the MyMATE programme and only for the duration of your involvement with MyMATE.
We will pass on the most important information about you (name, degree programme, semester) as well as your contact details (email, phone number) to your MATE so that you can communicate with each other.
We will try to find a MATE for you from the same or a similar course of study. However, we cannot guarantee this.