For more detailed information, please change to the German version of this website.

Mental Illness and Exams

It is possibel to postpone an exam due to mental health issues.

You will need a medical certificate from the doctor treating you, i.e. your family doctor or psychiatrist. The certificate must confirm the inability to study and take examinations with an exact date (from ... to ...).
The psychological counselling centre of the UdK does NOT issue such a certificate.
Further information on applying to postpone an exam can be obtained from the Student Counselling Service:
For further support, you can also contact the representative for students with chronic illnesses, Christian Schmidts: