01 October - 01 November for the following summer semester
- a special artistic talent
- for international applicants: sufficient German language skills (at least language certificate German B1 for application and language certificate German C1 for enrolment)
All steps mentioned in the following must be taken within the application deadline of the respective study program. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that may arise with our StudyGuide in good time.
- Register and verify your identity (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campusmanagement-Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de.
Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree program there within the application deadline and upload the following formal documents in a PDF file (max. 20 MB) to the application portal during the application process:
● Detailed CV in tabular form, if applicable with details of previous training and activities in the fields of theater, radio, film and television
● if applicable, proof of qualified professional experience or proof of practical training
● Bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of € 30 for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted.
The proof of payment must be submitted with the formal documents (PDF).
● International applicants must also provide proof of their German language skills: language certificate German B1 for application and language certificate German C1 for enrolment. You can find more information here.
- Information on transferring 30 € for participation in the admission procedure to the following account:
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, degree programme, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Straße 35
For foreign bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
Usually, the admission procedure takes place in the period from mid-February to early March.
A presence examination is planned. You will receive more information by email with the invitation.
Usually the following programme has to be prepared:
- Preparation of a total of four scenic presentations (excerpts from roles, monologues, scenes, etc.):
- "Monologue Compulsory Author" - Each year a new person is designated as the compulsory author.
- Classic monologue" - a theatrical text written before 1960
- Contemporary monologue" - a theatrical text written after 1960.
- A self-written role
The duration of the individual examples should not exceed five minutes.
In addition, a song/chanson/song may be offered.
The applicants selected in the pre-selection will take part in the entrance examination.
The final decision on admission to the programme is made in a test procedure lasting several days.
The entrance examination consists of
- the presentation of at least one prepared performance sample, which is determined by the commission
- scenic tasks, which the applicant has to work on alone or together with other applicants
- various subject-specific parts of the examination, in which aptitudes and abilities, especially in relation to body and movement as well as voice and speaking, are determined,
but also those dealing with the candidate's interest in theoretical questions and critical judgement.
- interviews to enable the candidate to comment on his/her work samples, motivation and interests.
On the following page you will find answers to many questions on the subject of applications and admission examinations: