Costume Design Bachelor
15. October - 15. November for the following summer semester
• Special artistic talent
• Sufficient knowledge of German (language certificate German A2 for application and language certificate German B2 for enrolment)
All steps mentioned in the following must be taken within the application deadline of the respective study program. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that may arise with our StudyGuide in good time.
- Register and verify your identity (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campusmanagement-Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de.
Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree program there within the application deadline and upload the following formal documents in a PDF file (max. 20 MB) to the application portal during the application process:
● Detailed CV in tabular form
●If applicable: documentation of practical work experience, practical training, internships
● Bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of € 30 for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted.
● International applicants must also provide proof of their German language skills: language certificate German A2 for application and language certificate German B2 for enrolment. You can find more information here.
● Transfer students from other univercities must enclose proof of previous study and examination achievements. You can find more information here.
An artistic portfolio with your own work must also be uploaded digitally on the upload portal bemus within the application deadline.
The digital portfolio should contain a maximum of 20 pages of self-made, preferably recent artistic/design work: Drawings, sketches, paintings, storyboards, narrative designs, photo stagings or documentary photos, photographically documented sculptural designs, photographically documented filmic and performative works (scanned).
● The work samples are to be summarised as a multi-page PDF file (max. 150 MB), stating title /year and dimensions in cm . Briefly explain the context in which the work was created (e.g. school, course, independent).
● For illustration purposes, a video file can also be used for the presentation (MP4, max. 4 min, max. 500 MB).
● In addition, a PDF (max. half a DIN A4 page) should be attached in which you answer the following questions:
Why do you want to study costume design?
Why do you want to study costume design at the UdK Berlin?
Information on transferring the amount of 30 € to the following account:
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, course of studies, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Street 35
For international bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
The admission procedure consists of a preliminary selection and the entrance examination.
Both parts will take place digitally for the summer semester 2022.
The Admissions Committee decides on admission to the entrance examination on the basis of the artistic works submitted (portfolio).
All selected applicants will receive an invitation to the entrance examination with furtehr information by e-mail.Usually the exam consists of the following:
• an artistic exam during which applicants will be given artistic tasks
• an interview during which the applicant’s work samples as well as her/his motivation and interests are discussed.