Creative writing for the stage (Absolvent*in)
15 September - 15 October in each odd-numbered calendar year for the start of studies in the summer semester of the following even calendar year.
Autumn 2023 for the summer semester 2024
- Proof of special artistic talent
- For international applicants: sufficient German language skills (proof of German C1 for enrolment).
Please note that especially for this study programme, excellent German language skills are necesarry.
All steps mentioned in the following must be taken within the application deadline of the respective study program. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that may arise with our StudyGuide in good time.
- Register and verify your identity (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campusmanagement-Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de
Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree program there within the application deadline and upload the following formal documents in a PDF file (max. 20 MB) to the application portal during the application process:
● Self-written curriculum vitae (CV), which may additionally contain information about your own expectations with regard to the intended study programme
● Bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of € 30 for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted.
● International applicants must also provide proof of their German language skills: language certificate German B1 for application and language certificate German C1 for enrolment. You can find more information here.
● Transfer students from other univercities must enclose proof of previous study and examination achievements. You can find more information here.
- Information on transferring 30 € for participation in the admission procedure to the following account:
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, degree programme, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Straße 35
For foreign bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
Within the application period, texts /scenes must be uploaded to the bemus upload platform.
The specific tasks will be published further down on this page before the application period.
These artistic work samples are composed as follows:
- a scenic text (maximum 8-10 Din A4 pages)
- a short scene in which the applicants can choose from several tasks
- a short scene on a theme that is compulsory for all applicants
- a personal written examination of a given play or a play by a given author.
The admission procedure consists of the pre-selection and the entrance examination.
The pre-selection is based on the texts/scenes submitted parallel to the application deadline.
The selected applicants receive an invitation to the entrance examination by email.
The entrance examination usually takes place in early to mid-February. It consists of a detailed professional interview, which should enable the applicants to comment on the work samples as well as on their own interests and expectations with regard to the intended study programme.