Design (Fashion und Product) Master
01 March -01 April for the following winter semester
• 4-year B.A. degree or a comparable degree
• artistic talent
• sufficient knowledge of German (Language certificate German B1 for application and Language certificate German C1 for enrolment)
• Applicants who have finished a B.A. that comprised either 180 or 210 credits according to ECTS will have to attend an adjustment course in case they get accepted. Within 2 semesters at the most these students will have to gain either 60 or 30 credits of which 36 or 18 ECTS are earned by successfully finishing a design project of the Bachelor programme Design. Remaining credits will be gained by successfully attending courses of the B.A. programme.
The following artistic documents must be submitted digitally by upload within the application period:
Upload period: 01.03. - 01.04.2022
• PDF portfolio, which includes own design or theoretical projects, audiovisual work samples can be included as hyperlinks (landscape format, max. 20 pages, 20 MB)
• PDF curriculum vitae, with all stages of artistic and design training, including a maximum of one homepage link. Please mention whether the BA was completed with 180, 210 or 240 ECTS (max. 1 page A4, 1MB)
• PDF Exposé, a detailed letter of motivation explaining personal goals and interests in design, including a description and justification of the self-selected MA topic (250 to max. 500 words, 2MB)
• MP4 video, including a short personal introduction and motivation (max. 1 min, 100 MB)
Total max. 150 MB
After you have successfully downloaded the application form and received your applicant number, please follow this link: to upload your artistic documents:
You will soon find more information on how to apply for the Master's programme via the Design Website.
All of the following steps must be taken within the application deadline of the respective degree programme. If documents need to be sent in, they must be received by the UdK Berlin by the last day of the application deadline at the latest. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that may arise with our StudyGuide in good time.
- Register and verify yourself (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campus Management Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de
- Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree programme there by the application deadline. During the application process, upload the following formal documents in a PDF file (max. 20 MB) to the application portal:
● detailed CV in tabular form, outlining professional experience
● certificate of university graduation, foreign certificates have to be handed in as certified translation (German or English)
In case the certificate does not state the exact number of ECTS gained throughout the studies please attach a relevant statement from the school/university
Foreign certificates must be recognised by uni-assist before the application at UdK Berlin. More information can be found here.
● Bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of € 30 for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted.
● International applicants must also provide proof of their German language skills: language certificate German B1 for application and language certificate German C1 for enrolment. You can find more information here.
● Transfer students from other univercities must enclose proof of previous study and examination achievements. You can find more information here.
- Information on transferring the 30 €: please transfer the fee for participation in the admission procedure to the following account:
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, degree programme, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Straße 35
For foreign bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
The following artistic documents must also be uploaded digitally to the "Bemus" platform within the application deadline.
Upload period: 01.03. - 01.04.2022
• PDF portfolio containing own design or theoretical projects, audiovisual work samples can be included as hyperlinks (landscape format, max. 20 pages, 20 MB)
•PDFcurriculum vitae (CV) with all stages of your artistic and creative education, including a maximum of one homepage link. Please mention whether the BA was completed with 180, 210 or 240 ECTS (max. 1 page A4, 1MB).
• PDF Exposé, a detailed letter of motivation explaining personal goals and interests in design, and including a description and justification of the self-selected MA topic (250 to max. 500 words, 2MB).
• MP4 video, with short personal introduction and motivation (max. 1 min, 100 MB)
Max. 150 MB in total
After successful application in the application portal and receipt of the application number, please follow this link for the digital upload of your files:
You will find further information on applying for the Master's programme in good time before the application deadline via the
On the basis of the uploaded work samples, the admissions committee decides within the framework of the pre-selection, which applicants will be invited to the entrance examination.
The selected applicants will be informed about the time and procedure by e-mail.
You will receive written notification of the result.