February 15 - March 15 for the winter semester
- Bachelor of Music in Conducting
In exceptional cases one of the following Bachelor degrees will also be accepted:
First study orchestral instrument or piano, singing, composition, music pedagogy, church music, record producer;
- special musical talent
- for international applicants: sufficient knowledge of German
All steps mentioned in the following must be taken within the application deadline of the respective study program. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that may arise with our StudyGuide in good time.
- Register and verify your identity (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campusmanagement-Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de.
Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree program there within the application deadline and upload the following formal documents in a PDF file (max. 20 MB) to the application portal during the application process:
● a detailed tabular CV/Resume with information about ensembles and works conducted in concert
● certificate of university graduation, foreign certificates have to be handed in as certified translation (German or English)
In case the certificate does not state the exact number of ECTS gained throughout the studies please attach a relevant statement from the school/university
Foreign certificates must be recognised by uni-assist before the application at UdK Berlin. More information could be found here.
● Bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of € 30 for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted.
● International applicants must also provide proof of their German language skills: language certificate German A2 for application and language certificate German B2 for enrolment. You can find more information here.
● Transfer students from other univercities must enclose proof of previous study and examination achievements. You can find more information here.
● Parallel to the application deadline, a video recording of a rehearsal and/or concert must be uploaded on the "Bemus" platform.
You can log in with the same login data that you use to log in to the campus management portal my.udk-berlin.
Upload deadline: 15 February to 15 March
Possible file formats: MP4, M4V, MOV
File size: MP4/M4V/MOV 2 GB each
Max. File size: 5
Max. Data volume: 10 GB per applicant
Duration of complete video material: a minimum of 5 minutes and a maximum of 45 minutes
- Information on transferring the 30 € for participation in the admission procedure to the following account:
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, degree programme, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Straße 35
For foreign bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
The admission procedure consists of the preselection round and the audition. At the preselection round the jury views the video material uploaded by the candidates. Those candidates selected to attend the audition then receive an invitation .
The admissions office will attempt to notify candidates selected to attend the auditions as soon as possible in order to facilitate the acquisition of visas and arranging of travel.
Applicants are therefore warned not to make travel arrangements before they have received such an invitation.
Rehearsal with orchestra of symphonic works and/or opera excerpts selected by the jury communicated to applicants two to three weeks before the audition .
Round 2 (after successful completion of round 1):
• written exam to test musical knowledge and ability (aural tests, knowledge of instruments and scores, music theory and orchestral and opera repertoire)
• piano performance and sight-singing
Piano performance: piano as a main instrument is not a requirement for the master's, but basic piano skills are desirable. You should prepare a piano piece that reflects your current level.
Piano reduction and score reading: you will have 15 minutes to prepare:
(1) an opera aria to play and, if possible, sing at the piano
(2) a short excerpt of an orchestral score with transposing instruments to play on the piano.
Sight-singing: a vocal line of from a Bach chorale selected by the jury
• a further rehearsal with orchestra of symphonic works and opera excerpts selected by the jury communicated to applicants two or three weeks before the audition.