05 February –05 March for the following winter semester
• Special artistic talent
• Sufficient knowledge of German (Language certificate German A2 for application and Language certificate German B2 for enrolment)
IAll of the following steps must be taken within the application deadline of the respective degree programme. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that arise with our StudyGuide in good time.
- Register and verify yourself (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campus Management Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de
- Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree programme there by the application deadline and upload the following formal documents in a PDF file (max. 20 MB) to the application portal during the application process:
● Curriculum vitae in tabular form
● Bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of 30 € for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted. (For further information: see under 3.)
● International applicants must also provide proof of their German language skills: language certificate German A2 for application and language certificate German B2 for enrolment. You can find more information here.
● Students transferring from comparable degree programmes are strongly recommended to enclose a class confirmation from a professor and proof of previous study and examination achievements. You can find more information here
and under the section "Transfer students".
- Information on transferring the 30 €: please transfer the fee for participation in the admission procedure to the following accountI
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, degree programme, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Straße 35
For foreign bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
Students of fine arts programmes at another universities whishing to trasnsfer to UdK Berlin, are advised to contact a UdK professor regarding admission to an artistic class in the semester prior to application. The written class confirmation must be enclosed with the application documents. You can find the corresponding form here.
Visiting professors ("Gastprofessor*innen") cannot give a confirmation.
However, this class confirmation does not automatically lead to admission; the decision is ultimately made by the admissions committee.
Students with a comparable degree in Fine Arts cannot apply again for this degree programme at the UdK.
The admissions committee decides on the basis of the submitted artistic portfolio and the documents whether the applicant will take part in the entire entrance examination or only in the final interview.
The admission procedure consists of a pre-selection and the entrance examination.
All applicants who have applied on time and meet the formal requirements will be asked to submit an artistic portfolio after the deadline by email.
The artistic portfolio is submitted exclusively analog, it can be either sent by mail or given in person.
The times for postal submission or submission of the portfolio will be communicated to you in the email.
You will find comprehensive information on the portfolio in the following regulations "Ausführungsbestimmungen" [German]
You will find the information about mailing and personal submission of the portfolio here.
The admission committee decides on admission to the entrance examination on the basis of the artistic works submitted.
Those who receive a positive decision in the pre-selection will receive an invitation to take part in the entrance examination by email.