Musical / Show Absolvent*in
15 January - 15 February for the following winter semester
• Special artistic talent in the areas of Acting, Dance and Voice
• Sufficient knowledge of German
All of the following steps must be taken within the application deadline of the respective degree programme. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that arise with our StudyGuide in good time.
- Register and verify yourself (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campus Management Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de
- Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree programme there by the application deadline and upload the following formal documents in a PDF file (max. 20 MB) to the application portal during the application process:
● A curriculum vitae (CV) in table form with details of previous training and activities as well as a statement of reasons for the choice of study and career.
● Your programme for the admission procedure, you can find a form for it here.
● A certificate from an ENT doctor and an orthopaedic specialist stating that the applicant's state of health does not pose a threat to the requirements of the training,
The certificate must not be older than one year.
● Bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of € 30 for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted. (More details: see under 3.)
● International applicants must also provide proof of their German language skills: language certificate German A2 for application and language certificate German B2 for enrolment. You can find more information here.
● Transfer students from universities must enclose proof of previous study and examination achievements. You can find more information here.
- Information on transferring the 30 €: please transfer the fee for participation in the admission procedure to the following account:
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, degree programme, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Straße 35
For foreign bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
Approx. from the end of February to mid-March, you will then have the opportunity to upload artistic work samples to the Bemus platform. The file formats MP4, MOV and M4V (2 GB per file) are available for this purpose. A total of 6 files with a total volume of 10.5 GB may be uploaded.
You can log in with the same login data that you use to log in to the campus management portal my.udk-berlin.
All applicants who have applied by the deadline will receive further information by email at the end of February.
Here you will find the guidelines for the video shoot for orientation in advance.
The admission procedure consists of the pre-selection on the basis of the uploaded work samples and the entrance examination.
The following pieces should be prepared:
• a musical scene combining singing, acting and/ordancing
• a classical acting monolog and a modern acting monolog
• a t least three songs of various character of which at least one should be in German and at least one songfrom a musical.
Applicants can choose freely from theareas of musical, rock/pop, song or chanson
• two dance scenes of various character: one UptempoJazz-choreography (HipHop as well) and onechoreography of applicant’s own choice
• applicants can, if they want to, offer furtherpresentations from the areas of show or cabaret.
You are expected to receive an email on 28 February 2022 with 5 work samples from your programme selected by the admissions committee.You will then find the programme that applies to you behind your applicant number.
Please do not combine the prepared work samples into one video, but upload one video for each of the different pieces (musical scene, acting monologues, dance scenes, singing). You will find detailed instructions in the email.
At the beginning of April 2022, the selected applicants will be invited by e-mail to the second part of the admission procedure (entrance examination).
According to the current status, the on-site examinations are planned. You will receive further information by e-mail if you are selected for the entrance examination.
The entrance examination usually consists of the following parts:
• Presentation of the prepared scenes
• Musicality test
Recognition of simple intervals, differentiation of triads in major and minor,
Re-singing a melody played on the piano, rhythmic exercises, proof of instrumental playing if necessary.
• Examination of job-specific aptitudes and abilities on the basis of set tasks on which the applicant works alone or also together with others.
• Interviews to enable the applicant to comment on the work samples and results as well as on his/her own motivation and interests.
Admission is only valid for the following winter semester.
You can find answers to many questions about the application and admission process in the following FAQ list [German].