Orchestral Instruments Concert Exam
The artistic instrumental training in the degree programme Concert Exam is offered for the following instruments:
String instruments: violin, viola, violoncello, double bass, concert guitar, harp
Wind and other orchestral instruments: flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, saxophone, French horn, trumpet, trombone, tuba, percussion, timpani
Historical instruments: lute, recorder, transverse flute, baroque violin, baroque cello, baroque bassoon, baroque oboe and baroque viola
15 October – 15 November for the summer semester
15 March – 15 April for the winter semester
• Graduation in the Master programme orchestral musician or soloist at UdK Berlin or in a comparable programme at another university or college of music with the mark 1.0 (summa cum laude)
• Outstanding musical talent
All steps mentioned in the following must be taken within the application deadline of the respective study program. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that may arise with our StudyGuide in good time.
- Register and verify your identity (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campusmanagement-Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de.
Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree program there within the application deadline and upload the following formal documents in a PDF file (max. 20 MB) to the application portal during the application process:
● Detailed CV in tabular form incl. information about previous studies
● Certificate of university graduation, foreign certificates have to be handed in as certified translation (Information for an application with a foreign university degree can be found here)
● Bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of € 30 for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted.
Information on transferring the 30 €: please transfer the fee for participation in the admission procedure to the following account:
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, course of studies, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Street 35
For international bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
Admission exams are usually held in January /February for the summer semester and June/ July for the winter semester. You can find the scheduled dates close to the examination period on the website of the Faculty of Music here [Available on the German version of the site only].
This information is without guarantee!
All applicants who have applied on time with the complete documents will receive an invitation to the entrance examination with the binding dates and further information by e-mail.
The following programme must be prepared for the entrance examination:
Four representative works of the respective instrument, of different historical-stylistic provenance, whereby, if possible, the areas of Baroque - Classical - Romantic/Classical Modern and New Music are to be considered. The selection, taking into account the aspects of stylistic diversity, representativeness and degree of difficulty, is the responsibility of the applicant and is considered part of the overall artistic performance to be assessed.
The commission reserves the right to listen to only parts of the prepared programme.