Organ/ Organimprovisation Master
15 October - 15 November for the summer semester
15 March - 15 April for the winter semester
• Bachelor degree in Organ/Organ Improvisation from UdK Berlin or an equivalent degree from another university
• Special musical talent
• For international applicants: sufficient knowledge of German (language certificate German A2 for application and language certificate German B2 for enrolment)
All steps mentioned in the following must be taken within the application deadline of the respective study program. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that may arise with our StudyGuide in good time.
- Register and verify your identity (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campusmanagement-Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de.
Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree program there within the application deadline and upload the following formal documents in a PDF file (max. 20 MB) to the application portal during the application process:
● Detailed CV in tabular form incl. information about previous studies
● Certificate of university graduation, foreign certificates have to be handed in as certified translation (Information for an application with a foreign university degree can be found below)
● Bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of € 30 for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted.
● International applicants must also provide proof of their German language skills: language certificate German A2 for application and language certificate German B2 for enrolment. You can find more information here.
● Transfer students from other univercities must enclose proof of previous study and examination achievements. You can find more information here.
- Transfer 30 € for participation in the admission procedure to the following account:
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, degree programme, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Straße 35
For foreign bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
More information about application fee could be found here.
All applicants who have applied on time with the complete application documents will receive an e-mail with an invitation to the entrance examination and further information on the procedure.
The following must be prepared for this examination
Main subject organ
- Two works from different stylistic periods before J. S. Bach,
- one major work by J.S. Bach,
- one major work of the Romantic period,
- one work of classical modernism, postromanticism, or new music (from 1950)
- The commission reserves the right to listen to only parts of the examination programme.
Main subject organ improvisation
- A five-movement chorale partita in German Baroque style on a given song: figured chorale (can also be played transposed) - duo - trio (c.f. in alto = pedal 4`/distribution of the manual parts on two pianos) - four-part arrangement (c.f. in tenor = left hand on a separate manual) - bass - development "per organo pleno" (c.f. in pedal)
- Fantasy in romantic style on a given theme
- Free improvisation on a given Gregorian theme Examination duration: 30 minutes
The commission reserves the right to listen to only parts of the prepared programme.