Stage Design Master
1 March–1 April for the following winter semester
- University degree in stage design or in a degree programme in a related field
- Special artistic talent
- Sufficient knowledge of German (language certificate German A2 for application and language certificate German B2 for enrolment)
You can find more information here.
All of the following steps must be taken within the application deadline of the respective degree programme. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that arise with our StudyGuide in good time.
- Register and verify yourself (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campus Management Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de
- Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree programme there by the application deadline and upload the following formal documents in a PDF file (max. 20 MB) to the application portal during the application process:
● Curriculum vitae in tabular form
● documentation of practical work experience, practical training, internships
● Certificate of university graduation, foreign certificates have to be handed in as certified translation (German or English)
● Bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of 30 € for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted.
● International applicants must also provide proof of sufficient German language skills:
Language certificate B2 for enrollment (if this level is not available by enrollment, proof of at least level B1 must be submitted).
You can find more information here.
● Students transferring from comparable degree programmes must enclose a proof of previous study and examination achievements. You can find more information here
- Information on transferring the 30 €: please transfer the fee for participation in the admission procedure to the following accountI
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, degree programme, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Straße 35
For foreign bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
After the application deadline, applicants* will be notified in writing about the deadlines for submitting the portfolio. The artistic portfolio will be submitted digitally. You will find more information in the e-mail. Each applicant submits only one portfolio. All artistic media can be used: Drawing, painting, documentation as well as performative works, photography, video.
- Digital portfolio requirements:
- Size of the portfolio: approx. 15-20 own artistic works from the last two years.
- Samples of work from the bachelor's program and own artistic work
- The technique and subject matter of the works are optional, based on the stage design course.
- The portfolio is to be compiled as a PDF file and contains the entirety (except audio and video works) of the artistic work samples, in each case indicating the title, size (height x width x depth), material and year.
- The digital portfolio or the audio and video files will be uploaded within a specified period of time via a link that will be communicated separately with the request for portfolio submission. The maximum file size in each case is 2 GB.
- If you wish, you can include a link to other works (e.g. videos, animations, your own website).
Admission procedure consists of a pre-selection and the entrance examination.
The admission committee decides on admission to the entrance examination on the basis of the artistic works submitted.
The entrance examination usually takes place between mid-June and mid-July. All applicants must demonstrate an artistic development potential
that clearly exceeds the level of the bachelor's degree and that gives reason to expect successful completion of the master's program. The examination usually consists of a review of the submitted documents and a final interview.