Regulations for pandemic operations during the winter semester 2021/22 at the UdK Berlin
Basic information: 2g-status and 3g-status
For the winter semester, a distinction is made at the UdK Berlin between events / classes that take place in 2g status of all participants or in 3g status.
- If in a class, in an exam, in academic formats and meetings of any kind all persons are vaccinated or recovered, these events can take place without the obligation to distance and without masks. A recommendation for the wearing of masks remains in effect.
- If a class, exam, or other meeting takes place in 3g status, meaning that vaccinated, recovered, AND tested individuals participate, then the mask and spacing regulations (1.5 meters per person) continue to apply.
- Mandatory masks (min. OP masks) always apply - regardless of g status - on all traffic areas of the university. FFP2 masks are recommended.
- If the minimum distance cannot be maintained in classes and examinations and there is also no 2g status of all participants, there is an obligation to wear an FFP-2 mask.
- Masks are only not to be worn if this makes artistic practice impossible, for example with special instruments or singing.
Control 3g status
- Only persons who are vaccinated, recovered or tested may participate in classes or examinations or other academic formats/sessions. Supporting documentation must be maintained. If proof cannot be provided, participation will not be permitted.
- The test that students must present for classes/exams must be no more than 48 h old.
- Federal regulations currently consider individuals as “non-vaccinated “ who have been vaccinated with a vaccine that is not licensed in the EU. These individuals must submit a negative test result. Only the following are considered EU-approved vaccines: BioNTech. Moderna, AstraZeneca, Johnson&Johnson (see https://www.pei.de/DE/arzneimittel/impfstoffe/covid-19/covid-19-node.html).
- The 3g status of students will be randomly checked at the gates when accessing the houses. The random check will be recorded by the gates in a separate list.
Documentation of attendance in courses / examinations
In classes, an attendance list kept by the instructors documents who has attended the respective course.
Determination of 2g status
- Clarification of 2g status for a course and examination or other academic formats / sessions is made directly in the course by the instructors / session leaders. Data must be requested confidentially unless an open inquiry can be made by mutual agreement.
- Students are required to present a test if they are not immunized or recovered.
- Employees/faculty are not required to provide information on their status as to whether they are vaccinated or recovered. They must then provide proof of a negative test in all academic formats for which this is specified (committees, meetings, etc.).
- Events may be opened to the public.
- The size of the audience is specified for the halls.
- For all persons in the audience, the 3g status must be checked and documented by the respective organizer.
- Masks (at least surgical mask) are mandatory for the audience, also at the seats.
- External persons are only allowed to enter the university (outside of public events) if they participate in a university format (teaching, artistic work, research work, work meeting...) at the invitation of employees. No special permission is required from the university management for this purpose.
- Students may invite external persons only after prior approval by the Dean's Office. The visits of the external persons must be in the necessary connection with the studies.
- 3g status must be verified by the inviting individual.
- Externals who are not invited and do not attend an event that is open to the public will not be admitted to the University.
Office use / work meetings (also selection interviews, team meetings, consultation meetings...) / committee meetings, commission meetings.
- For necessary work meetings where there is no 2g status, distance and mask requirement still applies.
- For work meetings with vaccinated or recovered persons, normal room use is possible. Spacing and masking requirements do not apply. The wearing of masks is recommended and sufficient ventilation must be ensured.
- The 2g status is to be requested by the inviting person and the supporting documents are to be checked (as voluntary information).
- For the activities in administration and service, the following continues to apply: the presence required for university and study operations has to be provided in administration and service at the university. Flexible use of mobile work components is also possible in coordination with superiors and in accordance with the service agreement "mobile work in pandemic operations", which will continue to apply until the end of the year.
Opening hours of the buildings
For the lecture period of the winter semester 2021/22, the opening hours will be extended from 18.10.2021 as follows
- Opening from 6:30 a.m. (Einsteinufer from 6:15 a.m.)
- until 8:00 p.m. Einsteinufer,
- until 10:00 p.m. Lietzenburger Straße
- until 22:30 Mierendorffstraße, Grunewaldstraße
- until 23:00 Bundesallee
- until 24:00 Hardenbergstraße 33, Hardenbergstraße 41, Fasanenstraße 1b, Straße des 17. Juni
- in buildings without a gate, the times apply accordingly after separate consultation with the GA management. (Jazz Institute Berlin, Grainauer Straße, Karlsruher Straße, Salzufer, Franklinstraße)
Saturday and Sunday
- Opening of the houses from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm. (Exception Mierendorffstr.; Grunewaldstr. and Lietzenburger Str. on Saturdays until 9 p.m.; Lietzenburger Str. on Sundays until 5 p.m.)
- Closed, as regular:
- Saturday: Einsteinufer
- Sunday: Einsteinufer, Grunewaldstraße, Mierendorffstraße, Straße des 17. Juni.
Houses are closed on all holidays (including 12/24 and 12/31).
The University Library continues to have its own regulations, which will be published by the University Library.
Status September 16, 2021