Application Deadline: 31st May 2024
Age limit: 29 years (born after 26th October 1994)
- Upload a video recording with the required repertoire for the preselection on a video portal of your choice (YouTube or vimeo). Repertoire and timing information for each piece must be included in the video description.Musical cuts, edits or other technical manipulations of pitches or lengths within completed movements are not permitted.
- Repertoire violin competition
- Repertoire viola competition
- Completion of the online registration form (see below)
In addition to the completed online registration form, the following documents must be sent digitally by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st May 2024:
- Scan of passport or ID card
- Signed Confirmation of the teacher or internationally renown musician
- Proof of payment (registration fee, 30 euros, account details below)
Only fully completed applications will be considered.
No change of program is permitted after the application deadline (31st May 2024).
Submitted documents will not be returned.
30 euros, prior to application
80 euros, following receipt of acceptance letter
Universität der Künste Berlin
IBAN: DE74 1009 0000 8841 0161 74
BIC: BEVODEBBXXX, Berliner Volksbank
Purpose of payment: Rostal 2024 + name + instrument
In cases of special financial need, the participation fee can be reduced. Please submit a request with an explanation to: rostal. @udk-berlin.de
Refunds are not possible.
For the first two rounds, participants will be given a list of affordable hotels. For participants in the final concert, the competition will pay a partial compensation towards accommodation costs. Travel costs will not be reimbursed.
Official piano accompanists are available at no charge to the competitors. Participants may bring along their personal accompanist at their own expense.
The finalists will have the opportunity to rehearse for 45 min with the orchestra and the condcutor on 23 October 2024.
In addition, there will be a dress rehearsal for each finalist in the morning of the final concert.
By sending the only application form, participants accept the competition organizers’ right to allow competition performances to be recorded and broadcast in whole or in part. This applies to sound, film and video recordings as well as all other electronic or mechanical recording methods. Such recordings will not result in a right to claim remuneration.
For further information please contact the competition office:
Office of Artistic Administration