05 February –05 March for the following winter semester
• finished 4-year B.A. Architecture at the Berlin University of the Arts or a degree from a comparable study course
• an internship in an architecture office, 5 months in length
• artistic talent
• sufficient knowledge of German (At the time of application: proof of linguistic ability equivalent to level B1, and for matriculation: proof of linguistic ability equivalent to level C1)
• Applicants who have finished a 3-year B.A. in Architecture (180 Credit Points) will have to attend a 2-semester adjustment course in case they get accepted.
Within these 2 semesters the students will have to gain 60 CP, 40 from successfully finishing two design projects of the B.A. study programme.
All steps mentioned in the following must be taken within the application deadline of the respective study program. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that may arise with our StudyGuide in good time.
- Register and verify your identity (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campusmanagement-Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de.
Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree program there within the application deadline and upload the following formal documents in a PDF file (max. 20 MB) to the application portal during the application process:
● detailed CV in tabular form, outlining professional experience
● proof of an internship in an architecture office, 5 months in length has to be submitted at UdK Berlin at the point of matriculation at the latest
● certificate of university graduation, foreign certificates have to be handed in as certified translation (German or English)
In case the certificate does not state the exact number of ECTS gained throughout the studies please attach a relevant statement from the school/university
● Foreign certificates must be recognised by uni-assist before the application at UdK Berlin.More information could be found here.
● Bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of € 30 for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted.
● International applicants must also provide proof of their German language skills: language certificate German B1 for application and language certificate German C1 for enrolment. You can find more information here.
● Transfer students from other univercities must enclose proof of previous study and examination achievements. You can find more information here.
- Information on transferring the 30 € for participation in the admission procedure to the following account:
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, degree programme, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Straße 35
For foreign bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
The admission procedure consists of a preselection and the entrance examination.
The preselection is based on a submitted artistic portfolio.
The creative works must be uploaded to the Bemus platform after the appliction deadline.
You will receive more detailed information by e-mail around the end of March.
Possible file format: PDF
1 PDF for formal documents (max. 500 MB), 1x PDF for work samples (max. 1 GB)
The invitation to the entrance examination will also be sent by e-mail, approx. end of May.
The exam is expected to take place inJune.