Art and Media (Meisterschüler*in)
20 December - 20 January for the summer semester
20 May – 20 June for the winter semester
• Applicants for the 1-year Meisterschüler study course require an honours degree from either the Art and Media study course at UdK Berlin or a comparable artistic or design programme. Applicants have to have a special focus on time-based media within their own artistic work.
• For international applicants: sufficient knowledge of German or English language: language Certificate A2 for application and B2 for enrolment ( not applicable for internal applicants)
Please note: The English certificate as an alternative to the German language certificate is subject to the approval of the Faculty Council Design of the UdK Berlin.
All of the following steps must be taken within the application deadline of the respective degree programme. If documents need to be sent in, they must be received by the UdK Berlin by the last day of the application deadline at the latest. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that may arise with our StudyGuide in good time.
- Register and verify yourself (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campus Management Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de
- Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree programme there by the application deadline-the deadlines are individual for each degree program - and upload the following formal documents in a PDF (max. 20 MB) to the application portal during the application process:
● CV in tabular form
● Proof of having passed the final examination in the UdK program Art and Media "with particular artistic success" within the standard period of study, or a corresponding honors degree from a comparable program with a particular focus on artistic engagement with time-based media (usually Master's degree, diploma if applicable).
● Bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of € 30 for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted.
● International applicants must also provide proof of German or English language skills: for the application Language Certificate German A2 or English A2 and for enrollment Language Certificate German B2 or English B2. Please note: The English certificate as an alternative to the German language certificate is subject to the approval of the Faculty Council Design of the UdK Berlin. You can find more information here.
● Nomination of a supervising professor from the UdK Art and Media program as well as a corresponding letter of recommendation from the professor named.
● A short description of the planned project for the Meisterschüler-studies with first elaborations and work samples as well as a time schedule for the implementation of the project.
Note: The project should not be identical to the final project of the previous study programme.
Transfer 30 € for participation in the admission procedure to the following account:
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, degree programme, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Straße 35
For foreign bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
Applicants* who participate in the procedure will receive an appointment for the presentation of the master student project by e-mail at the beginning of February for admissions to the summer semester or at the beginning of July for admissions to the winter semester. Results and the corresponding notification will be sent to you approx. 1-2 weeks after participation in the admission interview.