Chamber Music Master (Ensembles only)
15 Oktober – 15 November for the summer semester
15 March – 15 April for the winter semester
Only existing ensembles can apply. Each ensemble member must fulfil the following requirements:
• a university degree in the bachelor's degree programme in orchestral instruments at the UdK Berlin or an equivalent degree from another university
• a special musical talent
• Applicants who have completed a six (180 LP according to ECTS) or seven (210 LP according to ECTS) semester Bachelor's program must complete an appropriate adaptation program after passing the exam
Each ensemble member must create an application in the application portal and upload his/her application documents. They will take part in the entrance examination together.
All steps mentioned in the following must be taken within the application deadline of the respective study program. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that may arise with our StudyGuide in good time.
- Register and verify your identity (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campusmanagement-Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de.
Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree program there within the application deadline and upload the following formal documents in a PDF file (max. 20 MB) to the application portal during the application process:
● Documentation of the ensemble’s work
● Detailed CV in tabular form incl. information about previous studies
● Certificate of university graduation, foreign certificates have to be handed in as certified translation (Information for an application with a foreign university degree can be found here)
● Bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of € 30 for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted.
● International applicants must also provide proof of their German language skills: language certificate German A2 for application and language certificate German B2 for enrolment. You can find more information here.
● Transfer students from other univercities must enclose proof of previous study and examination achievements. You can find more information here.
Information on transferring the amount of 30 € to the following account:
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, course of studies, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Street 35
For international bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
More information about application fee could be found here.
All applicants who have applied on time with the complete documents will receive the invitation to the entrance examination with further information by e-mail.
For the entrance examination, the ensembles have to prepare three complete works, one of which should be from the basic standard repertoire for the respective instrumentation (e.g. for string quartet: Beethoven, op.59, no. 1 - 3), one must be a romantic work and one should be from the field of contemporary music.
The commission reserves the right to listen to only parts of the programme to be prepared.