Communication in Social and Economic Contexts Master
01 March – 01 April for the following winter semester
• B.A. or diploma in Communication in Social and Economic Contexts (GWK) from the Berlin University of the Arts or an equivalent B.A. or Magister. The examination board will decide on a case-by-case basis whether the qualification can be recognised.
• proof of ability to use, reflect on and further develop the conceptual and creative principles and processes for communication within social and economic contexts
• sufficient knowledge of German
• sufficient knowledge of English (except for native speakers)
All steps mentioned in the following must be taken within the application deadline of the respective study program. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that may arise with our StudyGuide in good time.
- Register and verify your identity (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campusmanagement-Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de.
Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree program there within the application deadline and upload the following formal documents in a PDF file (max. 20 MB) to the application portal during the application process:
● Detailed CV in tabular form
● Certificate of university graduation, foreign certificates have to be handed in as certified translation (German or English)
● documentation of courses completed and examinations taken
● Bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of € 30 for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted.
● Proof of English language skills at level B1 of the European Framework of Reference for Languages. Proof can be provided via the grade of the general higher education entrance qualification
(at least 7 years of English lessons) or a language test.
● International applicants must also provide proof of their German language skills: language certificate German B1 for application and language certificate German C1 for enrolment. You can find more information here.
● Transfer students from other univercities must enclose proof of previous study and examination achievements. You can find more information here.
●Creative assignment (The topic and more detailed information can be found on the programme's website )
- Information on the transfer of the 30 € for participation in the admission procedure to the following account:
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, degree programme, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Straße 35
For foreign bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
Based on the submitted work sample, the admission committee decides within the framework of the pre-selection which applicants will be invited to the entrance examination.
The selected applicants will be informed about the time and procedure by e-mail. You will receive a written notification of the result.
Admission granted on the basis of a successful admission procedure is generally valid for the following academic year.