The regulations on emergency presence operation will come into force on Friday, 20.03.2020 from the end of business hours.
Emergency presence of the universities
Emergency presence of the universities in the Land Berlin from Friday, 20.3.2020, after closing time:
"Presence emergency operation" means (in brief)
- The university buildings will be closed from Friday closing time.
- Only a few people who are absolutely necessary for the emergency operation may have access.
- All work still in progress will be stopped and completed.
- All members who do not need to be at the university will stay at home.
- Employees who still have to work for the emergency service, as determined by management and superiors, will work in the home office as far as possible.
- Employees who no longer have to perform regular duties will keep themselves available by e-mail.
- The managers coordinate the necessary tasks.
- The continued payment of wages is maintained.
- Further information will follow. Please keep up to date via email and homepage.
We are well prepared from the various votes of the last days.
Many thanks to all of you for your commitment, cooperation and understanding in this special situation.
All the best for the future,
Your university administration
Latest changes: 19 March 2020
ATTENTION: You can find an UPDATE of the regulations on emergency presence at the Berlin University of the Arts from 20 March 2020 here!
Here you can find all the informations about the current developments of the coronavirus and immediate measures at the UdK Berlin.
Yesterday the State Secretary for Science and Research and the Berlin universities agreed on the procedure for the upcoming examinations.
Get the latest news about the current developments and immediate measures of coronavirus at UdK Berlin on our twitter channel @DerKunste.
The state of Berlin has decided on further uniform regulations for the universities to contain the coronavirus.
The pandemic plan of the UdK Berlin is available on the intranet. The university members are continuously informed about the measures.
Yesterday, the State Secretary for Science and Research informed the universities that we should prepare for the emergency operation that is to be expected in the foreseeable future.
For all employees in administration and service who are unable to guarantee care at short notice due to the closure of daycare centres and schools, the following applies with immediate effect
Lecturers and members of the administration and service departments will continue to be granted access in order to maintain the basic operations of the university.
With immediate effect all events, conferences and conventions of the UdK Berlin are cancelled until further notice.
Due to the situation regarding the corona virus, the UdK University Management and the TU Crisis Committee have decided as a precautionary measure to close the University Libraries and the University Archives of the TU from Thursday, 12 March 2020 until further notice.
The Senate Chancellery for Science and Research adopted immediate measures in agreement with the state universities in the State of Berlin and on the advice of health experts at Charité–Universitätsmedizin Berlin.