Communication in Social and Economic Contexts Bachelor
Application period and entrance requirements
01 March–01 April for the following winter semester
• University entrance qualification (“Abitur” equivalent)
• Evidence of ability to develop creative concepts for strategic communication campaigns under given economic and/or social conditions.
(will be proven in the admission procedure)
• Sufficient knowledge of German
• Sufficient knowledge of English (except for native speakers)
Your application step by step
All of the following steps must be taken within the application deadline of the respective degree programme. If documents need to be sent in, they must be received by the UdK Berlin by the last day of the application deadline at the latest. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that may arise with our StudyGuide in good time.
- Register and verify yourself (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campus Management Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de
- Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree programme there by the application deadline. During the application process, upload the following formal documents in a PDF file (max. 20 MB) to the application portal:
● Detailed CV in tabular form
● Unauthenticated photocopy of the school graduation certificate
Foreign school certificates must be recognised by uni-assist before the application at UdK Berlin.
More information could be found here.
● Bank statementas proof of payment of the fee of € 30 for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted.
● International applicants must also provide proof of their German language skills: language certificate German B1 for application and language certificate German C1 for enrolment. You can find more information here.
● Proof of English language skills at level B1 of the European Framework of Reference for Languages. Proof can be provided via the grade of the general higher education entrance qualification
(at least 7 years of English lessons with at least 8 points) or a language test.
● Transfer students from other univercities must enclose proof of previous study and examination achievements. You can find more information here.
● Work sample: A self-prepared work sample must be uploaded with the application (PDF). The topic and more detailed information on this can be found on the programme's website under the "Apply" tab: https://gwk.udk-berlin.de/bewerben/.
The work sample should not exceed the format of 3 DIN A4 pages, as stated on the GWK website.
- Information on the transfer of the 30 € for participation in the admission procedure to the following account:Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, degree programme, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Straße 35
For foreign bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
-> You don't have your fianl school degree (Abitur) yet?
-> You have an international degree?
What happens after the application?
Based on the submitted work sample, the admission committee decides in the course of the pre-selection which applicants will be admitted to the entrance examination.
In the entrance examination, as a rule, tasks must be completed online; if necessary, the admissions committee will conduct a final interview with you.
The selected applicants will be informed about the time and procedure by e-mail.
You will receive written notification of the results. Admission granted on the basis of the successful admission procedure is valid for the following academic year.