Piano Master Soloist
15 October–01 December for summer semester
15 March – 15 April for winter semester
• B.A. or comparable study course in piano from UdK Berlin or an other university
• Special musical talent
• for international applicants: sufficient German language skills (language certificate German A2 for application and language certificate German B2 for enrollment)
• Applicants who have completed a six (180 LP according to ECTS) or seven (210 LP according to ECTS) semester Bachelor's program must complete an appropriate adaptation program after passing the exam.
- Register and verify yourself (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campus Management Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de
- Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree programme there by the application deadline.
- When submitting the application in the Campus Management Portal, please upload a bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of 30 € for processing the application as a PDF (max. 20 MB).
For bank transfer from abroad: proof of payment.
For online banking: turnover statement
Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) will not be accepted.
Transfer 30 € for participation in the admission procedure to the following account:
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, degree programme, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Straße 35
For foreign bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
More information about application fee could be found here.
All of the following application documents must be uploaded digitally to the bemus portal, only the language certificate can be brought to the exam.
● CV in tabular form
● Documentation of courses completed and examinations taken (if available)
● Copy of passport
●International applicants must also provide proof of their Germanlanguage skills: language certificate German A2 for application and language certificate German B2 for enrollment.
You can find more information here.
● Transfer students from other univercities must enclose proof of previous study and examination achievements. You can find more information here.
● In addition to the formal documents, video recordings must also be uploaded digitally within the application period.
Further information on the video recordings can be found on the website of the piano institute before the application deadline.
The upload of all documents is done via the portal BEMUS https://bemus.udk-berlin.de
Upload deadline: parallel to the application period (see application deadlines and requirements)
Possible file formats: PDF (for formal documents), MP4, M4V, MOV
2 GB per file, except PDF with 20 MB
Maximum 8 files with a total volume of 12 GB
Detailed information on the procedure and content of the
entrance examinations are provided on the website of the piano department:
Please address all your questions regarding the application
and admission procedure directly to the piano department:klavier @udk-berlin.de