Sound Engineering Master
15 October – 15 November for the following summer semester
15 March – 15 April for the following winter semester
• B.A. or diploma in Sound Engineering from the UdK Berlin or an equivalent programme from another university
• Special artistic talent
• Sufficient knowledge of German (language certificate German B1 for application and language certificate German C1 for enrolment)
All of the following steps must be taken within the application deadline of the respective degree programme. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that may arise with our StudyGuide in good time.
- Register and verify yourself (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campus Management Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de
- Log in to the Campus Management Portal (my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree programme there by the application deadline. During the application process, upload the following formal documents in a PDF file (max. 20 MB) to the application portal:
● Detailed CV in tabular form
● University degree certificate with complete and detailed list of modules (curriculum), foreign certificates have to be handed in as certified translation (German or English)
(Information for an application with a foreign university degree can be found below)
● Certificate from a medical specialist, not older than one year, with an audiogram (100 Hz – 8 KHz)
● Bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of € 30 for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted.
● International applicants must also provide proof of their German language skills: language certificate German B1 for application and language certificate German C1 for enrolment. You can find more information here.
● Transfer students from other univercities must enclose proof of previous study and examination achievements. You can find more information here.
● A Portfolio with at least five productions (audio and/or video recording) have also be uploaded to the Bemus platform within the application deadline. Of these five productions at least one has to derive from the field of classical music and one from the field of popular music. The other records can be from other areas like movie dubbing and audio drama.
The recordings should be documented in writing and be commented in a way that the commission is enabled to retrace and understand all essential decisions concerning the purpose, the implementation and the result.The recordings should have been made mainly under the applicant’s sole responsibility. In jointly created records the applicant’s performance has to be indicated as such.
Upload period: October 15 - November 15, 2023
6 files, max. 10.05 GB
Possible file formats: PDF with 50 MB (for written documentation).
MP4, MP3, MOV, M4V. WAV 2.0 GB each
- Information on transferring 30 € for participation in the admission procedure to the following account:
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, degree programme, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Straße 35
For foreign bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
Admission procedure consists of a pre-selection and an entrance examination.
The preselection consists of a review of the submitted portfolio. If the Admissions Committee deems this to be sufficient proof ofspecial artistic talent, the applicant will be invited to the entrance examination by email.
The examination consists of at least two sections:
● impromptu mixing of a submitted multi-track recording
from the chosen major field of study with a subsequent interview
● Oral examination in which general problems of music transmission and the productions presented are dealt with.