Visual Communication Master
15 February–15 March for the following winter semester
• 4-year B.A. degree in Visual Communication from the Berlin University of the Arts or a similar degree from a comparable study course from another school/university
• artistic talent
• sufficient knowledge of German
• Applicants with a Bachelor's degree of 6 or 7 semesters (180 or 210 credits, according to ECTS) must complete an adaptation course after passing the admission examination. Within 2 semesters at the most these students will have to gain either 60 or 30 credits of which 36 or 18 credits are earned by successfully finishing a design project of the Bachelor programme. Remaining credits will be gained by successfully attending courses of the B.A. programme.
All of the following steps must be taken within the application deadline of the respective degree programme. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that may arise with our StudyGuide in good time.
- Register and verify yourself (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campus Management Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de
- Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree programme there by the application deadline. During the application process, upload the following formal documents in a PDF file (max. 20 MB) to the application portal:
● detailed CV in tabular form, outlining professional experience
● certificate of university graduation, foreign certificates have to be handed in as certified translation (German or English)
In case the certificate does not state the exact number of ECTS gained throughout the studies please attach a relevant statement from the school/university
Foreign certificates must be recognised by uni-assist before the application at UdK Berlin. More information could be found here.
● Bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of € 30 for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted.
● International applicants must also provide proof of their German language skills: language certificate German B1 for application and language certificate German C1 for enrolment. You can find more information here.
● Transfer students from other univercities must enclose proof of previous study and examination achievements. You can find more information here.
- Information on transferring the 30 €: please transfer the fee for participation in the admission procedure to the following account:
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, degree programme, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Straße 35
For foreign bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
You must also upload a portfolio of your own work to the "Bemus" platform by the application deadline.
(For information, see the next section).
The portfolio should show your individual approach, interests and conceptual skills.
The work should also show your particular interest in the chosen class ("Entwurfsbereich").
You must already select one of the following design areas in the application portal when applying:
- Graphic Design
- Information Design
- Campaign design/ Advertising
- Space-related design/ exhibition design
- new media
The work will be uploaded on the platform "Bemus" parallel to the application deadline.
Upload period February 15 to March 15
Possible file formats: PDF (50 MB), MP4, MOV, M4V (150 MB,),
Total max. 3 files, max. 350 MB
Videos max. 3 min