Digital copies can also be requested via the account Gastscan if no library account is available.
Library card number: Gastscan
In this case, it is mandatory to provide an e-mail address. Please follow the step-by-step instructions in the manual.
The service is free of charge until further notice.
You will receive an e-mail with a download link upon completion. This can take up to 14 days.
The university library provides a scanning service for non-loan items located in:
- Magazin (closed stack)
- Außenmagazin (external stack)
- Raramagazin (rare book stack)
These digital copies are either the entire work or individual pages/illustrations.
The university library reserves the right to cancel requests due to legal or conservational reasons. Please note - requests within the scope of UrhG § 60c can be fulfilled for UdK members only.
The output format is PDF/A.
All scans are made in colour, but with different resolutions:
- Publications in copyright (according to UrhG § 60c): 150 ppi (without full text search).
- Text publications without illustrations: 300 ppi (including full text search)
- Music scores, manuscripts and publications with illustrations: 400 ppi (without full text search)
If you have specific technical requirements, please fill out the comment section while placing your request. Our team will get in touch with you.