The university library provides a scanning service for non-loan items located in:
- Magazin (closed stack)
- Außenmagazin (external stack)
- Raramagazin (rare book stack)
These digital copies are either the entire work or individual pages/illustrations.
The university library reserves the right to cancel requests due to legal or conservational reasons. Please note - requests within the scope of UrhG § 60c can be fulfilled for UdK members only.
The service is free of charge until further notice.
All scans are made in colour, but with different resolutions:
- Publications in copyright (according to UrhG § 60c): 150 ppi (without full text search).
- Text publications without illustrations: 300 ppi (including full text search)
- Music scores, manuscripts and publications with illustrations: 400 ppi (without full text search)
If you have specific technical requirements, please fill out the comment section while placing your request. Our team will get in touch with you.
The output format is PDF/A-2u.
You will receive an e-mail with a download link upon completion.
You require a valid library account to create a digitization request. Please fill out our online form to either create a new account or to renew an existing one. It is also possible to use the guest account, in this case it is mandatory to provide an e-mail address. Please follow the step-by-step instructions in the manual. Visit the Wissensportal der Künste to create a digitization request.