Jazz-Arrangement / -Composition Master
01 September - 01 October for the summer semester
• Completion of a Bachelor degree of at least 6 semesters or a comparable degree
• Exceptional artistic talent
All steps mentioned in the following must be taken within the application deadline of the respective study program. It is recommended that you apply as early as possible within the application deadline so that you can clarify any questions that may arise with our StudyGuide in good time.
- Register and verify yourself (if you have not already done so in the past) in the Campus Management Portal of the UdK Berlin: https://my.udk-berlin.de
- Log in to the Campus Management Portal (https://my.udk-berlin.de) and submit an application for admission to the desired degree programme there by the application deadline.
Attach the following documents to the application for admission:
● Detailed CV in tabular form
● Certificate of university graduation (Information for an application with a foreign university degree can be found below)
● Bank statement as proof of payment of the fee of € 30 for processing the application (in case of transfer from abroad proof of payment) or turnover view (in case of online banking). Other proofs/receipts (such as transfer orders) are not accepted.
● Transfer students from other univercities must enclose proof of previous study and examination achievements. You can find more information here.
● Proof of language skills is not required.
● A representative audio document of an artistic project must also be uploaded to the "Bemus" platform within the application deadline. You will find information on this below.
- Information on transferring the amount of 30 € to the following account:
Kasse der UdK Berlin
IBAN: DE 72 1009 0000 8841 0150 46
BIC: BEVO DE BB XXX
Reason for payment: 35/01036, degree programme, name, application number
Berliner Volksbank eG
Budapester Straße 35
For foreign bank transfers:
Please make sure that you pay all applicable transfer fees (OUR - sender pays costs) when making the transfer.
Upload within the application deadline a representative audio document of an artistic project with at least one original composition and 2 arrangements of your own or other compositions on the upload platform bemus (total duration 10-15 minutes), on which at least 1 solo of the applicant can be heard. In addition, 2 arrangements in musical notation should be uploaded.
Possible file formats: pdf, mp3, mp4, mov
Max. 2 GB per file, pdf max 500 MB
no more than 8 GB in total, max. 10 files
The files must be named according to the following pattern:
The admission procedure consists of the pre-selection and the entrance examination.
The applicants selected on the basis of the uploaded work will receive an invitation to the entrance examination by e-mail, which will probably take place on site at the JIB.
The entrance exam consits of the following:
- performance (approx. 30 min) with own ensemble or with the band provided, mostly own compositions
- A spontaneous composition according to specification
- approx. 10 min. presentation with own or provided ensemble
- performing with specific musicians chosen by the panel on a given theme (approx. 20 min)
- interview (approx. 10 min)